Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M402n

hp_printer_part.JPGThis part came off the tray or the printer when the tray was dropped.  Now the printer jams after one page is printed.  Part is not broken.  Where does it go?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

found it! it is tray 2- my bad- was looking at a M401- just a sec i'll get pics

First, remove the tray from the printer, then you will flip it over and release 1 tab on each side to take the front off the paper tray.

402_1.jpg

then flip the tray over, your piece will go on the right side. Note the small metal wire that goes through your part.

M402_4.jpg

when putting the front back on the tray, be sure the little plastic "tray paper level indicator" splits the metal lift plate, you will need to release the lift plate to get this piece back on right.

M402_2.jpg

M402_3.jpg

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

does not look like it is from tray 2. will paper print from the bypass tray (tray 1)?

it almost looks like part of the toner cartridge that moves the door to expose the imaging drum.

what is the error code when it jams? that should give us a number to associate the code with what sensor is failing to trigger

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

found it! it is tray 2- my bad- was looking at a M401- just a sec i'll get pics

First, remove the tray from the printer, then you will flip it over and release 1 tab on each side to take the front off the paper tray.

402_1.jpg

then flip the tray over, your piece will go on the right side. Note the small metal wire that goes through your part.

M402_4.jpg

when putting the front back on the tray, be sure the little plastic "tray paper level indicator" splits the metal lift plate, you will need to release the lift plate to get this piece back on right.

M402_2.jpg

M402_3.jpg

HP Recommended

WOW!!  Tonerspills - thank you so much!  We fixed it, it took two of us, but we got it and the printer is working! 

Thank you so much!  Many thanks!  :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

hey thanks! just had this same issue, and this post was the solution!! Very very helpful

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.