Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just to add my voice to the rest. Exactly the same issues - Incompatible USB when none was attached, wifi radio FAIL, also getting a message that printer is incompatible with my Windows computer. Funny, worked well for past 18 months, now incompatible. Will try to replace radio card, thanks for the suggestion. This is my second HP all in one to fail prematurely with many in forum having same problem. Don't know if HP is any more unreliable than the competition, but certainly no better.

HP Recommended

OK, went with plan B. Just wired the printer to my router and now it is fine. I'm out of warranty, and I know HP won't do anything for me. I'm not up for replacing radio card at this point. I'll just give up on the wireless option. Considering that the printer would not work wirelessly and would not recognize USB either, I'm just grateful that wired to the router, at least it works! I will start shopping around for a new machine, though.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.. and out of warranty.  Hooking it up to the router with ethernet worked GREAT.  I did not have to reinstall or change the software at all however.  Now I just hope it lasts!

It's so nice to have my printer back!!!  

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip to turn off, wait 5 minutes.  The printer was able to pick up wireless routers in my area, and I was able to select the that belongs to me.  The next step was to enter the WEP key, which I did.  Then it tried to connect, but hung at that step.  I couldn't stop the attempted connection by pressing the on/off button, so I had to disconnect the plug from the wall outlet.  I waited 5 minutes and replugged, then started the printer.  It was able to finally connect to the wireless router.  Thanks for the tip.

HP Recommended

Also, the wireless printer is HP Photosmart Pplus B210, freshly out of the box.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. Couldn't find the wireless card itself, but bought an entire printer with a broken printhead for $20 on Craigslist and changed out the wireless card in 5 minutes with your help.  All is good!

HP Recommended

I have a C309a also, and it has the wireless network fail message.  I also have bought a desktop and lap top that both were very expensive and just outside of warranty and they quit working.  And guess what?  HP wants to charge ME a years worth of support to help me.  I told them to stick it and I wouldn't ever consider buying an HP product again!  HP produces junk for top dollar and you're lucky if you get 1-2 years out of them and they guess what?  You buy a new one, because they don't back up their mistakes.  Good Luck!

HP Recommended

Wondering if your replacement wireless card is still working for you?

HP Recommended

Working great:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

What search engine or website did you find that part on?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.