Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I installed two brand new HP cartridges (color and black) in my Photosmart 2610 all-in-one about 1 month ago and they were working fine but now I get an error message asking me to "remove and check cartridge on right." When I check the cartridge (black), it looks fine but the error message won't go away and the printer won't print. Suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@ladyinblue wrote:

I installed two brand new HP cartridges (color and black) in my Photosmart 2610 all-in-one about 1 month ago and they were working fine but now I get an error message asking me to "remove and check cartridge on right." When I check the cartridge (black), it looks fine but the error message won't go away and the printer won't print. Suggestions?

I'm having the same issue.  How do I resolve this problem?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  If anyone is knows the answer to what seems to be a common problem, please answer here.  Thank you.

HP Recommended
I had the same problem, I have tried resetting with #6 or #3, cleaning.

What worked for me:
1 - While printer is on, go to the "Mfg Commands"
(on my printer I had to press "*" and "#", others would need to press both left and right arrows, etc.)
2 - You will get the following message "Enter special key combo", then enter "123".
3 - Press the right arrow until you find "Special Reports", click OK
4 - Press the right arrow until you find "Print Cartridges", click OK

What was my surprise when at number 3, it started printing !

And then, everything came back to normal !

Super cool !

Hope this works for you !
HP Recommended

YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PERSON & I DON'T KNOW YOU.

Thanks for your suggestions on the "Remove & Check Color Cartridge" error message.  I've received it for the past two days & whilst searching on www.hp.com, (day & night) tried the semi-full reset (#6) & partial reset (#3) & even installing drivers, etc., but, to no true resolution.  I even cleaned the cartridges & everything else that it's connected too & still unresolvable.  (I did find some gunked up ink in the bottom of the carriage tray & I've had this Photosmart 2610 printer since 3/2005).  I'm able to reprint now & have saved a copy of these instructions, just in case (knock on wood).

AGAIN, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Re: error message: "remove and check cartridge on right." photosmart 2610

I had the same problem, I have tried resetting with #6 or #3, cleaning.

What worked for me:
1 - While printer is on, go to the "Mfg Commands"
(on my printer I had to press "*" and "#", others would need to press both left and right arrows, etc.)
2 - You will get the following message "Enter special key combo", then enter "123".
3 - Press the right arrow until you find "Special Reports", click OK
4 - Press the right arrow until you find "Print Cartridges", click OK

What was my surprise when at number 3, it started printing !

And then, everything came back to normal !

Super cool !

Hope this works for you !

HP Recommended

I can also testify that treme's solution worked for me.   It's a keeper!  Kudos!!!

HP Recommended

When it comes to doing resets on the printer that involves accessing hidden menus; there are some topics that need to be addressed so one knows of the risks that they are taking with the printer when one chooses to perform those resets. Here is a link to a fellow community member’s post on printer resets and what one should know prior to performing a reset. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Thanks so much treme!  worked like a charm.

HP Recommended

treme'ssolution also worked for me, thanks much :smileyhappy:. Here are a few notes about my experience:

1. The first time I tried it, it cleared the error and "printed" a blank page, but then the "check cartridge" error reappeared when I tried to scroll through pictures I has on the installed SD card.

2. I repeated the procedure and it worked again, but I got a message that my color cartridge was empty.

3. I restarted the printer, the cartridge alignment priocess started and a page with various squares and lines printed in black and white. The birds also appeared on the last line.

4. I again tried to scroll through the pictures and the error did not reappear.

Perhaps the re-start of the printer helped.

Thanks again.

[HP Photosmart 2610xi]

HP Recommended

Hasn't worked for me, but I do get a new message, instead of telling me to remove and check the color cartridge, it now tells me to put a color cartridge in the left stall, now it's back to remove color cartridge and check. bugger it, i'm going down the pub.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.