Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have replaced the color cartridge of the printer, cleaned it, and reinserted it numerous times. The contacts on the cartridge look clean, and the contacts inside the printer look clean.  Results are intermittant. Of course, when I remove the color cartridge I get good black printing ok. I wonder if there's likely a problem with the contacts in the printer, so that even if they are clean, the contacts are not being made. Or else, an internal hardware problem just with the color circuit. Or whether there's any way to tell. The "check print cartridges" light blinks, that's not very revealing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello blakjack, and welcome to the HP Forums.

First thing I would recommend would be to remvoe the cartridges and perform a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also suggest following through with the steps listed in this document on Print Cartridge Errors.

If those do not resolve your issue, I would suggeest contacting HP directly.  You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region:  Contact HP Worldwide.

Thank you for contacting the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello blakjack, and welcome to the HP Forums.

First thing I would recommend would be to remvoe the cartridges and perform a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also suggest following through with the steps listed in this document on Print Cartridge Errors.

If those do not resolve your issue, I would suggeest contacting HP directly.  You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region:  Contact HP Worldwide.

Thank you for contacting the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  Although the internal cartridge contacts appeared clean, they evidently were not. I cleaned the contacts with a damp cotton swab, and slight green (oxidized copper) residue appeared on it. After reinstalling, the color cartridge worked. This is likely a solution for many other viewers as well.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.