Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am a new user and do not understand the terminology used. Did not find " page 1 of this thread" so have not tried anything yet. I use Windows Vista and my printer is HP Photosmart C4480, I can access my pictures but cannot view the folders.
HP Recommended
Hello Dougchart

Here is a link directly to the solution that the original poster marked as solved: parsing error in file c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xml.

For steps 8 and 9 follow these instructions:
8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
Adobe Flash Player
9. Download the full feature software and drivers
Photosmart C4480 Full Feature Software (Windows Vista)
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended
Thanks Travis, I think all is back to normal now. I will keep your advice incase I experience the same problem again.
HP Recommended
You're welcome Dougchart,

Glad to hear it seems to be working now.
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Thank you SOOOOO much for your post. I've been playing around with this for hours to no avail until I came across your solution. I'd give you a big cyberhug if I could...

One follow up question tho... the process did not uninstall/remove the original printer on 7/23/12 from the list under uninstall/change a program (see bottom of attached pic)... I reinstalled using the my original sw cd because it was the only way to get my HP solution center back which was causing the parsing error in the first place and I need it to scan.

Is there a way to uninstall the 7/23/12 printer without goofing everything up? When I click on control panel > programs > uninstall a program > HP Photsmart... and choose uninstall nothing happens. I definitely don't want more issues since I can finally scan again but would love to get rid of it if there was a way to not have to start all over again.

Thank you so much for your help and support!HPPhotoSmart.jpg

HP Recommended

this message now ie displayed.

HP Recommended

The solutions did not work so I went out and bought a new HP 8600  and it will not install and scan correctly on the windows 7 computer either and I'm really wondering why I bought another HP 😞

I'm going to be calling an HP 800 number tomorrow. 

HP Recommended

cannot get hp solution centre. Also printer will print, but the scanning has stopped worked. Please help have wireless setup windows vista

HP Recommended

Hello, i was following the directions that they said and I don't have any files in the temp folder that starts with 7z. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

HP Recommended

i have not attempted directions solve parsing error i am not confident think it is v technical for me i am new user golden oldie not savy with computers. think i might mess it up more!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.