Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500 printer
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

The printer indicates that the cartridges are not suitable for this printer. That is strange, because both cartridges are original HP cartridges. I'm looking for a way to reset the printer to the default factory settings, but I can't find a way to do this neither in the manual nor on the printer itself. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thank you very much.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the printer control panel itself, please try:

Touch Settings (wrench symbol),

Touch Tools,

Scrool down,

Touch Restore Factory Defaults

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer. However, the problem is that it's not possible to access the settings menu, since the error message is blocking the usage of the printer. Could you perhaps suggest any other way to reset the printer?

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

did you find a way to resolve this? i am having the same error message and when i called for support, they said i just needed to buy a new printer. printer error.jpg Because of this error message blocking the entire screen, I cannot reset anything or access the main menu. It seems like it's an issue that needs to be fixed manually by taking the printer apart simply because there is not an emergency trick mentioned by staff or by manual that I have found. Any help besides replacing the idiot box all together?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I didn't find a solution. I sent the printer back to the webshop and got my money back.

HP Recommended

You have to buy ink HP 61 and 62

HP Recommended

I am unable to find return to factory settings on my printer.   Can you help?

HP Recommended

try to put 1 ink  cartridge  on the  printer  so it will run single cartridge  mode , when error  disappear try to  do  factory  default / semifull reset on the  printer 

for  best result call hp ...

HP Recommended
Try removing the cartridges then unplug the power cord from the printer itself then from the outlet. Wait a couple of minutes then plug cord into printer and then back into outlet. Besides removing the cartridges the rest is how support told me to reset my hp. Afterwards power it up and cross your fingers. If all ok I would replace with new hp cartridges to ensure you don't have faulty cartridges. Good luck
HP Recommended
Oh yeah when you first unplug the cord from the printer make sure the printer is powered ON.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.