Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm trying to set up to scan on a wireless network.  Instructions say to open HP printer software, select scanner actions and then manage scan.  I cannot find the option to "select scanner"?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @KPCPA!

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I would be happy to provide some help regarding the setup of the scanner on your network!

To manage scan to computer should be located in the HP Printer Assistant.   HP Printer Assistant should be located on your desktop as an icon of the printer that should say HP Officejet 6700.  If it is not on the desktop it should be located in the start menu under all programs>HP>HP Officejet 6700>HP Officejet 6700 icon.

Once you are in the printer assistant there should be 3 sections (Print, Scan, Fax)  Under the Scan section should be 4 options.  Scan a document or photo, scan to email wizard, scan to network folder wizard and manage scan to computer. Click manage scan to computer and select enable.

If you do not have those options in the Printer Assistant then you may want to try and uninstall and re-install of the HP Software.

To uninstall HP software click: Uninstalling HP Software

To download and install the Full feature drivers for the Officejet 6700 click: Officejet 6700 Software

Please post back and let me know how it goes!

Enjoy your day and thanks again for posting on the HP Forums!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I need to print picture don't know jow
HP Recommended

@marquisbeth

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to know how to print photos from your HP Officejet 6700 Printer connected to windows computer, correct me if I am wrong.

I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Before printing, edit the photo to improve colors, brightness, contrast and any other appearance settings.
  • Right-click the photo you want to print, select Open with, then select Windows Photo Viewer or Paint.
  • Click Print, or click File or the menu icon    (Paint),  then click Print.
  • The Print or Print Pictures window opens with general print job settings.
  • Open the printer Document Properties window to access more layout, quality, color, and advanced print settings.
  • Use this guide to find and use print job settings for photos in the Document Properties window. Menu names and available print settings vary by printer.
  • Change the following color and quality settings for best photo printing results.
  • Click OK, then click Print.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm trying to set up to scan on a wireless network.  Instructions say to open HP printer software, select scanner actions and then manage scan.  I cannot find the option to "select scanner"?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.