Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Its been one of those days!  How can I check if I have signed up for the 3 month free trial of Instant Ink.  It says to do this during the set up but I am not sure if I have done this.  I seem to have my own printer email address and a got a printer claim code which I have entered but is this for the ink?  It doesn't make it clear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Exasperated3

I forgot to add that you MUST fill in your credit card information at sign up even with the 3 month free trial.  A valid credit card is one of the program requirements for signing up.  Your credit card won't be billed until the free trial is over if you choose to stay with the program.   The only time your credit card would be charged during the free month trial is if you print over 300 pages within your 30 day billing cycle.  The free trial does have a 300 page per month limit so if you go over that limit you will be charged $1 for every 10, 15 or 20 pages depending on the plan you signed up for (50, 100, 300 plan). 

Hopefully that answers why the Sign UP process asks for credit card even with free trial!

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Exasperated3

The easier option is to contact HP / Instant Ink Support in your region and speak / chat (as available) with an actual agent that can help quickly sort this and answer all / any of your other questions.

If you like, you can first try checking your HP Connected account -- lots of information there (not sure how up-to-minute are the stats).

HP Connected Website Support Page > Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials:  

HP Connected > How to > Registration or Activation > Setting Up an HP Connected Account

HP Instant Ink, Sign-up / Sign-in, FAQ, and Important "Small Print" Information

Things that are Instant Ink

Instant Ink / HP Technical Support

Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ:

Be aware of scams, thieves, and vermin that infest the underbelly of the forum. 

These people are NOT here to help you.

AND

Signs of Vermin:

• Do not respond to “for hassle free help – call us at this number” messages.
  • HP does not post unsolicited private messages that contain embedded phone numbers or email addresses.
  • HP does NOT sign email or messages as “Helpdesk”, “TechHelp”, “TechDesk” or similar.
  • Verify all phone numbers against HP Contact information in HP Documents.
  • HP will not call you to tell you there is a problem on your computer.
  • HP will not call you and ask for your personal information.
  • HP will not call you to offer you money.
  • HP will not insist that you let the technician log into your computer.
  • HP will not tell you your computer is full of malware and then offer to sell you a “plan”.
  • Avatars and "HP" emblems inside an email or message can be faked.

HP and Forum Community HP Experts do NOT message, call, or email you and promise to fix a problem if you would just "call this number", give out your personal information, promise your first-born child, provide a credit card number.

Option 1

Wait for an Instant Ink agent to find and post a response on this thread.

And / Or

Option 2

Contact Instant Ink Support / HP Tech Support in your region, chat (as available) or speak with a “live person” and ask for help.

Refer to your regional Terms of Service contract to verify available contact options in your area.

Regions

In USA or Canada

Cloud Services (during normal business hours):  1-855-785-2777

• Verify the phone number in your Terms of Service document

HP Instant Ink - USA - Terms of Service

Lots of important information and definitions, including:

#  4:  Printer Needs to be Connected to Internet

#  5:  Instant Ink Program Cartridges Must Be Returned by You to HP

#  7:  Service Plans -- What is a page?

#  8:  Rollover Pages

#13:  Customer Support Center -- Cloud Services Contact Phone Number and online contact link

#15:  Cancellation

In UK

HP Support - Specify help for Instant Ink: 0207 660 0596

HP Instant Ink - UK - Terms of Service

Lots of important information and definitions, including:

Top of Page:  Location, Contact Phone Number and online contact link

#  5:  Printer Needs to be Connected to Internet

#  7:  Instant Ink Program Cartridges Must Be Returned by You to HP

#  8Service Plans -- What is a page?

#  9:  Rollover Pages

#13Customer Support Center -- includes Contact Phone Number and online contact link

#16:  Cancellation

HP Instant Ink - UK - Overview / FAQs

Everywhere else:  Contact HP Support

Specify help for Instant Ink / HP Connected / Web Services

HP World-Wide Support

Instant Ink Help, Documents, Videos – Help and Information

HP Instant Ink, Sign-up, FAQ, and Important "Small Print" Information

Click Supported Countries (top right of Webpage)

Look for contact options at the top right of the page:  Chat as available or phone number

• Subject List: Scroll down on page or click Three vertical dots top right of page
  • Section "How it works" > Click “Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink”
  • Scroll to the bottom and read all-important “small print” information (includes “Print free for life” plan)

Not sure where to start? Stuck? Guided Help Options:  HP Instant Ink – Top Solutions

What is Instant Ink?  How it works – how to participate:  HP Printers - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink

HP Instant Ink - Obtaining Replacement Ink Cartridges

Includes instructions (#7-#8) if you do not receive (or need replacement) Instant Ink cartridges

HP Connected Website Support Page > Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials:   HP Connected

HP Connected > How to > Printer Setup, Installation & Updates >

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to FAQ:

Can I reuse a customized printer email address?

Instant Ink Website Support Page > Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials:  HP Instant Ink

HP Instant Ink - Is My HP Instant Ink Cartridge Broken?

Instant Ink - Replacing or Adding Printers to Your Account

ePrint, and Print Applications

Videos!

Fitting Instant Ink Cartridges in your HP Envy or Officejet Printer

Video - Instant Ink – Signing Up and Getting Started

Video – Instant Ink – Thanks for Enrolling - What's Next?

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Exasperated3,

The 3 month free trial is automatically added to your account when you Sign Up.   

Please use the link below to Sign In to your account.  On the Home Page and the MY ACCOUNT page you will see messaging stating that you will not be billed for X months.  If you don't see this let me know.

Use the country flag option to select your country when signing in.

https://instantink.hpconnected.com

The account page will help answer many questions so keep this an a bookmark on your browser to easily refer back to it.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi - When I log in I can't see anything that says my account only a page asking what plan I want to sign up for.  I have have entered some of my details but it is looking for credit card details.  There is nothing which says start 3 month free trial.

HP Recommended

@Exasperated3,

Based on your last post it sounds like you did not sign up when you set up your printer.  

I've sent you a private message with a couple options to help you sign up and still get the 3 free month trial as this is auto applied only during the printer setup process, so if you didn't sign up then you wouldn't see the free month offer again.  Please check your private message so we can get your signed up!

Hope this helps.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

@Exasperated3

I forgot to add that you MUST fill in your credit card information at sign up even with the 3 month free trial.  A valid credit card is one of the program requirements for signing up.  Your credit card won't be billed until the free trial is over if you choose to stay with the program.   The only time your credit card would be charged during the free month trial is if you print over 300 pages within your 30 day billing cycle.  The free trial does have a 300 page per month limit so if you go over that limit you will be charged $1 for every 10, 15 or 20 pages depending on the plan you signed up for (50, 100, 300 plan). 

Hopefully that answers why the Sign UP process asks for credit card even with free trial!

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi there i have just set up my new printer and having difficulty trying to sign up for my three month trial.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you use HP Easy Start or (123.hp.com) to setup the printer?  If yes, then the option to Sign Up for Instant Ink would have been part of that setup process and when you set your Instant Ink account up the 3 free months are automatically added.  You can check that they were added after Sign UP by going to your account page at instantink.com and looking in the righ corner under My Plan and there will be green text saying you won't be billed for 3 months.

You can go back and try that or you can call our HP Support to help you through the setup.

Here is a link to WW support:

Choose your country and language and hit show options:  

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Instant-Ink-series/5264756/model/5401249

Hope this helps.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi, installed a new HP 2630 printer 2 days ago and entered claim code.

I had checked my hp account(instantink.hpconnected.com), but not find any free trial print under the info. my plan.

I had tried reprint the claim code but not success.

I had changed the hpeprint email address.

it is this reason my claim code not work?

Please help!

HP Recommended
Hi Littlebee,

I had the same problem activating this promotional 3 month offer.

If I remember well, the problem was only solved and the offer was activated when I chose the highest monthly plan, which is 300 pages per month.
Of course, don’t forget to cancel of change plan before the end of 3 month.

I hope this would work for you

Good luck !
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.