cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
Franqy
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Black Ink cartridge C2P04A

HP Recommended
C2P04A

Hello community, what do I do with a ink cartridge that doesn't work? The first that came with the printer ran out of ink so I installed a brand new black original HP cartridge C2P04A, right out of the foil. I installed it (of course after carefully removing the tape) it in  my Envy 5540-series printer but it just printed the colors from the color cartridge, no black.
Via the menu I cleaned the cartridges a few times, even a 'level two' cleaning. No result. After repeating the installing procedure with another brand new C2P04A it worked.

So my conclusion is that the new cartridge is damaged. What do I do now? It is less then one year old.

Thanks in advance, Frank

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chin999
Level 5
Level 5
292 50 9 28
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below and see if this helps you

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-5540-all-in-one-printer-series/5447939/document/c047152...

thanks

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Chin999
Level 5
Level 5
292 50 9 28
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below and see if this helps you

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-5540-all-in-one-printer-series/5447939/document/c047152...

thanks

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
Tags (1)
NandaKM
Level 3
Level 3
43 10 4 11
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Try the steps suggested by Chin999 with the defective cartridge. If the issue still persists, then you will find the warranty end date on your cartridge, contact HP Customer support ,mention the issue and let them know that another cartridge has resolved the issue and provide them the warranty end date /level of ink in the defective cartridge. 

And they should replace the cartridge for you. 

BR,

Say “Thanks!” by clicking Kudos Star next to the Post that helps you.

Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to say your issue is solved.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

Franqy
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replaced the latest installed cartridge  -that worked- with the one that didn't work. This time it printed fine. Don't know what happened or what I did wrong. Or maybe it was the connector? Just left this cartridge and wrapped the other one in aluminium-foil for storage.

Anyway: thanks for the real quick respons guys, appreciate it! :generic:

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation