Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My printer started printing pictures green instead of black and white.  And if I print a page from the internet, parts look green.  My settings are for black and white.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

wow!   Happy it worked.  Give me a thumbs up, please.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Have you checked the ink levels.  1)  On the front display panel, click on click setup > ink information.  It's possible the majenta level is low, even though you have b&w settings.    2)  Check the type of paper that is set.  The HP Printer Assistant should have that (I am using Win 10 on PC).   Open the P.Assist. dialog, and check if the "Paper Type" is set at "Plain Paper."  (ALTERNATIVELY:   the Print Dialog of programs such as MS Word have similar settings).   3)  Then try cleaning the cartridges and print an alignment page.  Setup > printer maintenance > clean cartridges  PLUS align printer.   4) You may even need to see if the print head needs cleaning and possibly the cartridge itself is heavily coated with ink.  Be careful & ask about that if needed. 

Here is a link that addresses that and other issues. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04355735    ]   Also:   

http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/igloo/why-is-my-printer-printing-green/   ]

Please respond regardless, to know if it is solved. 

Other info, has it printed properly for some time and suddenly changes.  Did you install different cartridges to cause it to change. 

Even though it seems to have b&w only, when I print in b&w,   I don't design printers but I would think the color ink is used even with b&w printing???

Good luck

HP Recommended

Magenta was empty.  Thank you.  Printing in black and white now.  

HP Recommended

wow!   Happy it worked.  Give me a thumbs up, please.

HP Recommended

Tanks!

HP Recommended

HP Envy 5646  MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

HP Recommended

@Vanwan

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.