Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
InkJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For InkJet 3830, I need to know how to connect additional computer/devices to the network. I have installed the necessay software on my primary desktop and have connected to the printer via the WiFi router. I now want to set up a second computer to be able to connect to the printer. What are the steps to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@David223,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

Since the printer is already connected to the Wireless network, you just have to install an application on the second computer to use the features of the printer.

There is no need to make any changes to the printer and its settings.

• Please make sure that the second computer is connected to the same network as the printer
  • Install HP Smart App on the second computer

HP Smart Application is available for all the latest versions of Windows, MAC PC's and also mobile devices(iOS & Android).

If you have a Windows PC, you can download the HP Smart app from Microsoft Store for free.

You can refer to this link for more information on using the HP Smart App.

Refer to this link, if you have a MAC for installing the HP Smart App.

Let me know if this helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@David223,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

Since the printer is already connected to the Wireless network, you just have to install an application on the second computer to use the features of the printer.

There is no need to make any changes to the printer and its settings.

• Please make sure that the second computer is connected to the same network as the printer
  • Install HP Smart App on the second computer

HP Smart Application is available for all the latest versions of Windows, MAC PC's and also mobile devices(iOS & Android).

If you have a Windows PC, you can download the HP Smart app from Microsoft Store for free.

You can refer to this link for more information on using the HP Smart App.

Refer to this link, if you have a MAC for installing the HP Smart App.

Let me know if this helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Since installing HP Smart on the first computer did not seem to serve any purpose othesr than to take me to download OJ3830_Full_WebPack_1119, I installed that program on the second computer and was able to connect to the printer.  What am I missing?  What other purpose is there for HP Smart?

HP Recommended

@David223,

HP Smart is an application that lets you set up, scan, print, share, and manage your HP printer from your smartphone or other devices.

Print photos from social media or documents from cloud storage, scan on the go, easily order supplies, and set up in a snap with the HP Smart App for your HP printer.

Both applications serve the same purpose but HP Smart app is easier to set up and use.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have connected my Officejet 3830 to wireless network.  I can activate a scan from my computer using HP Smart.  I cannot activate a scan from the OfficeJet using the touch screen.  I get an error message saying "...be sure the scanning software is installed and configured on your computer." 

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Smart allow scanning from the app, scanning from the printer front panel required the HP Full Feature Software to be installed.

Download and follow the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility below and follow the steps to install the HP Full Feature Software for your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Once completing the setup, try scanning from the printer itself and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Shlomi answer is not the solution.

The HP Print and Scan Doctor utility did not lead me to any "HP Full Feature Software" other than to OJ3830_Full_WebPack_1119.   I already have that loaded on my computer.

HP Recommended

The HP Print and Scan Doctor utility said it could not communicate with the device.  After trying the steps to establish connection, it still could not communicate with the device.  (I don't understand this since I can print and scan from my computer.  The problem I'm having is to print and scan from the touch screen on the 3830.)   At this point I decided to uninstall and reinstall the software.  Now I cannot even get any connection between  the computer and the device. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.