cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Connecting to the internet through a captive portal

HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I bought an HP3755 for my kid to take to college. When connecting to the internet, there is a captive portal/walled garden that requires clicking on a button agreeing to terms to get to the internet.

I can attach the 3755 to the wireless, but it cannot get to the internet *(as it gets caught in the captive portal/walled garden when it first tries to connect.

Since I have an instant ink subscription for the printer, it needs to be able to get to the internet for billing/ordering ink, right?

Any ideas how to get it connected through the captive portal?

3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
30,286 30,002 5,177 11,987
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You describe a router with WPA-Enterprise security with web based login, such security method is not supported by the printer, I afraid the printer won't be able to access the internet through such a network.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What I am trying to describe is a captive portal, not WPA-Enterprise. The network is at a University, and after logging on with a UID and PWD, the first time that a device logs on the the network, it is redirected to a captive portal to click on an "I agree to some usage terms, etc" button.

I expect that the answer is the same, that the printer won't work in that scenario.

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
30,286 30,002 5,177 11,987
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer supports WEP, WPA or WPA-2 wireless security standards, none of below offer such browser portal logon, meaning it is not a supported security protocol and the printer cannot access the internet through a network secured in such a way..

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation