Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer

Hello,

When my computer comes out of sleep I get a message saying:

HP.png

My printer is connect via ethernet cable to the router.

I wish there was a way to find out what this meant or why I'm getting this error. Other people had this question, including Joe9349, CMO123, MOPE1, and Bela62.

Thanks,

Shane.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Shanester,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like you're encountering an issue where your computer is displaying a message about your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer when it comes out of sleep mode. The message indicates that the printer is connected via an Ethernet cable to the router. This message might be an indication that the computer is having trouble communicating with the printer over the network after it wakes up from sleep mode.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

• Check Network Connection: Make sure that the Ethernet cable connecting your printer to the router is securely plugged in at both ends. If possible, try using a different Ethernet cable to rule out any issues with the cable itself.
  • Printer Status: Check the status of your printer to ensure that it's powered on and connected to the network properly. You can usually do this by checking the display screen on the printer or by printing a network configuration page from the printer's control panel.
  • Network Configuration: Verify that your printer has been assigned a valid IP address on your network. You can typically find this information in the printer's network settings menu or by printing a network configuration page.
  • Restart Devices: Sometimes, simply restarting your printer, computer, and router can resolve network connectivity issues. Try turning off each device, waiting a few seconds, and then turning them back on in the following order: router, printer, computer.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest printer drivers installed on your computer. You can usually download and install the latest drivers from the HP website.
  • Firewall/Antivirus Settings: Check your computer's firewall and antivirus settings to ensure that they're not blocking communication with the printer. You may need to add an exception for your printer in these settings.
  • Network Troubleshooter: Most operating systems have built-in network troubleshooters that can help diagnose and resolve connectivity issues. Run the network troubleshooter on your computer to see if it can identify any problems with the connection to your printer.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the error message you're encountering when your computer comes out of sleep mode.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.