Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have tried to update the firmware to fix the Damaged Cartridge error, as outlined in another thread here, but the printer is stuck on the error message on the LCD screen.  The firmware update program shows the firmware not being applicable to this printer, since it is grayed out, even though the version number of the current firmware is lower than the version that I downloaded here.  I was hoping to do a hard reset of the printer, but removing and replacing the printhead multiple times does not produce any results.

Is there another method for doing a hard reset of the printer, so that I may be able to bypass the error message on the LCD screen, upgrade the firmware, and finally solve this problem?

Thanks for any assistance that you can provide,

Bob

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are these Genuine HP Cartridges or 3rd party ink cartridges?

If you remove the cartridges from the printer, can you see Z10 listed on the labels of all 4 ink cartridges?

https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c05318138

If you open HP Smart and double-click your printer icon, then click on Supply Status - can you see Z10 listed as Supported or any other value?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

In answer to your question, yes, the label of each cartridge has Z10 on it, and they were all purchased at Walmart in HP boxes, so they should be Genuine HP cartridges.  I don’t have the HP Smart app, because I am running Windows 9 (8.1) and don’t think it will run on my computer.

Thanks for your assistance,

Bob

HP Recommended

Yes, it is compatible with Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10.

Please install HP Smart from the store:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04675142

Then access the Supply Information and see what is the listed zone under Supported for the printer.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.