Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I bought a new HP2700 printer that is connected and prints fine BUT it always goes offline and then i have to turn it off and restart to wake it up.

Is there a "go to sleep" option and how do i adjust it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Esjay_LA,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP Deskjet 2700 printer is experiencing connectivity issues, causing it to go offline frequently. There could be several reasons for this, including network interference, outdated drivers, or printer settings. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue.

• Check Network Connection: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your Wi-Fi network. Make sure the Wi-Fi signal is strong and stable where the printer is located.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Outdated printer drivers can cause connectivity problems. Visit the HP website and download the latest drivers for your HP Deskjet 2700 printer. Install them on your computer and see if it resolves the issue.
  • Check Power Saving Settings: Some printers have power-saving features that can cause them to go offline after a period of inactivity. Check the printer's settings or user manual for any power-saving options and disable them if necessary.
  • Static IP Address: Assign a static IP address to your printer instead of using DHCP. This can sometimes improve connectivity and prevent the printer from going offline unexpectedly.
  • Firewall and Antivirus Settings: Check your firewall and antivirus software settings to ensure they are not blocking the printer's connection to your network.
  • Restart Router: Sometimes, simply restarting your router can resolve connectivity issues with your printer and other devices on the network.
  • Firmware Update: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Updating the printer's firmware can often fix bugs and improve performance.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue of your HP Deskjet 2700 printer going offline frequently.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

i went through the instruction manual and the advanced settings and got stuck on the fact that the printer is set to turn itself off after 2hrs AND THAT THIS SETTING CANNOT BE ADJUSTED. the printer is in another room... i need to go wake it up before i send a print...every time???

The power management section of the printer's settings does present an option for Auto-Off, but it cannot be disabled. It's noted "The Auto-Off setting is preset and cannot be configured."

help!

HP Recommended

Hi @Esjay_LA,

Thank you for your respopnse, 

While it's designed to conserve power, having to manually wake it up every time you need to print defeats the purpose of convenience.

Here are a few steps you could try to address this issue.

• Check Connection Stability: Ensure that the printer is connected to your network properly and that there are no issues with the Wi-Fi signal in the area where the printer is located.
  • Disable Auto-Off (if possible): While the manual states that the Auto-Off setting cannot be configured, it's worth double-checking if there's any hidden option or workaround to disable it. 
  • Scheduled Wake-Up: If disabling Auto-Off is not an option, you could explore setting up a scheduled wake-up for the printer through your router's settings. Some routers allow you to schedule certain devices to wake up at specific times, which could help ensure that the printer is awake when you need to print.
  • Printer Placement: Consider relocating the printer to a more accessible location if possible. Placing it closer to your workspace could make it easier to manually wake it up when needed. 

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.