Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet MFP M234sdwe Printer

Spent over 2 hours with technical support ("hybrid agent") to no avail. Was told "As it is an ongoing issue with the all same series printer error with 79... For this error we are unable to initiate the printer replacement. But not to worry, this issue will be rectify as soon as possible."  and "you will be receiving an email and our team will be getting touch with you." WHEN will I be receiving an email? How long do I wait without a printer? Why can't they initate printer replacement if they can't fix the problem?? It's still under warranty!!!!! I don't get it. So frustrating. And, really, you have no recourse as one customer, you have no clout. I'll be giving a negative review everywhere I can!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Not sure what the agents advised but what I have been told is this is an issue with wireless and if you can get by with wired, setup the printer that way by connecting a network cable from your printer to your internet router (if available). Performing a superNVram reset may also resolve the problem but you will have to go through the setup again if you do that. If you need more info, please post back.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

What is a superNVram reset?

HP Recommended

Thank you, that sounds like a vialble solution. In the meantime, I spoke to a live agent and he walked me thru re-installing the printer which seems to be working, for the moment. Apparently this is a problem with many, if not most, these printer models and HP is supposedly working on a solution. I'm still under warranty, as I imagine many are, and HP most likely does not want the expense of replacing all these models out there. Maybe. If I continue to have a problem I'll be pursuing it with HP but in the meantime the cable may provide a solution. Thank you.

HP Recommended

My personal guess based on the fact that the posted firmware on the site shows a release date of May 8th 2024 but the revision number suggests it was released in October 2023. In past cases it has been that a glitch in firmware released around the time the old firmware is showing as released proved to have a glitch and was withdrawn. I would watch the support site for another update. Curious which firmware revision is showing on your printer.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I purchased my printer in Oct 2023! I don't know how to tell what firmware I have but the HP agent did say to keep checking the HP Smart app for updates on this issue. Fingers crossed

HP Recommended

I saw this solution in another thread that helped resolve the another user's 79 issue. You might want to try these steps :- 

1. Turn off the printer
  2. Remove the toner cartridge from the printer
  3. Wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the printer again. Printer will show Er07 indicating missing cartridge. Now insert the toner cartridge. 
  5. Error should go away and the printer is ready for printing.

Let us know if this solution works for you.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. The hybrid agent had me do this and it did not work in my case. What worked for me ultimately was removing and re-installing the printer, per live human agent. I don't know for how long it'll work but so far so good. Thank you again for the suggestion; I appreciate it.

HP Recommended

This solution helped me.  i bought this printer last September (2023).  It has caused me a lot of problems.  I call tech support often.  Unfortunately, it happens at night, and then I have to wait to get back to them the next day,  Thank you. This resolved my not being able to print.

HP Recommended

Hi Ladydi9367, could you confirm which solution resolved your issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.