Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Pagewide Pro MFP 477dw
Linux

In relation to an issue which was presented in this post, I was trying to revert the printer's firmware to an older version but I can't a find a list of the previous firmwares, nor a way to actually downgrade it.

The reason was to help pinpoint which firmware version caused the defect in printing table lines (if at all).

Is it possible to manually change the printer's firmware to an older version?

Thanks in advance for any input in this question!

Rúben Alves

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Thank you @Valsimot!

Still I can't tell from these files which are the ones i want to download to install the older firmwares in the printer.

Is there somewhere where i can see the list of firmwares, their release date and associated files?

HP Recommended

You will need to go to HP download page for the latest firmware and there you will have README file with details about firmware versions and fixes for each version.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

This led me here.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pagewide-pro-477dw-multifunction-printer-series/...

When using a linux system it only shows this option: "Linux printer drivers"

Both the EWS nor the support page for the printer are giving any option where a firmware may be installed manually with a file/support software. Instead only options for updating to the most recent firmware are available, which is not the point of this thread.

As was written before, in finding the proper rfu file, how may a user install a previous firmware in the printer?

HP Recommended

I already found the rfu/bdl files, but how can I update the printer's firmware remotly or from a USB?

The support page when using a windows system shows a firmware update .exe file, but only for version 1829 which is one of the most recent ones and not the firmware i want to install(current firmware in the printer).

The support pages are not showing any other process for updating the printer (HP Pagewide Pro MFP 477dw)'s firmware from these files (rfu/bdl). Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.