Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 9012e
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I bought the Officejet 9012e in May. First day it arrived the one of the had an issue with connecting to my computer wirelessly and had to call Support. Since then it has been a huge challenge.

I get the error message on the printer that says:  

Check Your Account (this is the title bar)

"A problem has occurred with your HP account and you will be unable to print soon unless the issue is resolved.

To learn more, open the HP Smart app or visit www.hpsmart.com and sign in"

I have asked support a few times and this is becoming a pain in my ***.

Can someone figure out how to resolve this issue that HP needs to address?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I'm having the same error.  Spent 1 hour 45 minutes on the phone with HP support yesterday and got it working after a hard reset.   Back to the same error message today.   Throwing it out.

HP Recommended

I believe I found the resolution to this error... well... at least this worked for me:
As I was going through the settings on my printer using its web page, I found the Web Service was kept failing.  This led me to log onto the HP Smart website where I've signed up for the HP Instant Ink plan where I forgot to update the billing method.  Once I updated the billing info and HP took my money (the whole $2.09!!!) the printer started working normally.

So, yes, as the error message read, my HP account had an issue but, I sure do hope that HP could somehow be more informative on how to resolve the issues such as this.  And, I hope this helps others to the light at the end of their dark tunnel.

HP Recommended

I am having this same exact issue. How do I fix it?

HP Recommended

@BUMPYDUCKBILL, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

Have you checked your HP Instant Ink account page? Your Instant Ink account page will have notifications if there are any issues with the account or recent cartridge shipment, it will even provide solutions on how to fix the issue. You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.

If the suggested information can't be found, please send me a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, same message. Seriously? This is the HP of today? My printer will not even work now.

HP Recommended

But what if I am NOT signed up for the HP Instant Ink? I still get that darn message.

HP Recommended

Hi community users!

The link below contains information about the error message related to instant ink and how to resolve it.

Instant Ink account management

I hope it helps.

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.