Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Plus 4130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new 4130 received this week but am struggling to get it set up.  It is connected to my wifi correctly.  The printer information page says it is connected to the internet.  I am trying to register for the Instant Ink set up but each time I try, I get a re[port that says Unable to Connect to Web Services.  I am prompted to connect to EWS and open the Web Services Setting page and then follow the onscreen instructions. 

However, when I connect to EWS I see on the dashboard that all the sections (energy saving mode, web services, printer update, network summary, wireless set up wizard and wifi direct) are all locked and if I try to access any of them I am prompted to enter userid and password.  I have not set any userid or password in the setup process so I have no idea what I am being asked for.  I have looked at all the on line stuff I can find – I have tried using admin as the userid, password as the password, left them blank, tried the PIN number from the model label, even as one post suggested I have tried the wifi password in case that got entered incorrectly in the set up but all to no effect.

The only option I have found from the posts is to restore factory settings, but in order to do this I need a password to get into EWS.  A bit of a catch 22.  Can anybody please help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

the username is admin (all lowercase).

The password is the PIN Code listed on the label within the cartridge access door.

Please try this combination together and let me know the results.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks SchlomiL.  That did work!  I can now access the web services setting page (where is this documented I ask myself?)

However, the printer is not able to setup web services as it reports:

Network Problem

A network problem occurred while the printer was trying to connect to the Web Services server.

Click "Troubleshoot" to diagnose the problem, or click "Close" and fix the problem later.

There is no network problem as the network information page confirms correct IP settings and also says "this printer is connected to the internet".  I can print wirelessly to the printer, I can scan successfully.  So am I to assume that the HP web services servers are off line for some reason?  

HP Recommended

I too have the same problem with a new 4130 running on Windows 10.  Internet connection is fine but cannot connect to Web Services.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.