Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 1112
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I downloaded the easy start and it was able to find my printer, but when comes to install, easy start just pops up "Cannot obtain software information. Check your network connection, and then try again." I have tried to restart both my computer and printer but it just won't continue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rshen, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Ensure the devices are connected to the same network. Follow the steps below-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Uninstall the HP software

Some HP software components might have installed incorrectly, even if the driver and printer setup did not complete. Uninstall the HP software, then restart the Mac.

1. Click Finder in the Dock.

2. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.

3. Double-click HP Uninstaller, then follow the on-screen instructions to remove the HP software from the computer.

NOTE: 

If you have issues uninstalling the HP software, go to Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac) for more help.

Continue to the next step.

Reinstall the HP software

Go to the HP website to download and install the most current version of the Mac driver and software for your printer.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer. The software installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.

3. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

4. If a Let's identify your product to get started page displays, click Printer, type your printer model number, and then click Submit.

The software results page for your printer displays with the default operating system selected.

5. If you need to change the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.

6. Click Download next to HP Easy Start or next to the full feature driver, depending on the option that displays.

7. Open the Downloads folder, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to begin the installation.

8. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer connection and install the software.

9. If you are prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, click the name of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.

Select your printer name in the Use menu on the Add screen

10. Return to the HP installer to complete the installation.

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@rshen, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Ensure the devices are connected to the same network. Follow the steps below-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Uninstall the HP software

Some HP software components might have installed incorrectly, even if the driver and printer setup did not complete. Uninstall the HP software, then restart the Mac.

1. Click Finder in the Dock.

2. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.

3. Double-click HP Uninstaller, then follow the on-screen instructions to remove the HP software from the computer.

NOTE: 

If you have issues uninstalling the HP software, go to Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac) for more help.

Continue to the next step.

Reinstall the HP software

Go to the HP website to download and install the most current version of the Mac driver and software for your printer.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer. The software installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.

3. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

4. If a Let's identify your product to get started page displays, click Printer, type your printer model number, and then click Submit.

The software results page for your printer displays with the default operating system selected.

5. If you need to change the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.

6. Click Download next to HP Easy Start or next to the full feature driver, depending on the option that displays.

7. Open the Downloads folder, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to begin the installation.

8. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer connection and install the software.

9. If you are prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, click the name of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.

Select your printer name in the Use menu on the Add screen

10. Return to the HP installer to complete the installation.

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! I have successfully set up the printer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.