Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6055 All-In-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No kidding. I'm not sure when this started, because I have print other files with this. I have downloaded all the recent updates, uninstalled and reinstalled all the software numerous timn es, tried  both a wifi-5 router AND my new wifi-6 router, NOTHING. it only prints pdf files from hp smart app. Will not print from word, excel, any web browser, notepad, images, nothing.

The output from word or excel, power-point, or an email, for example, will be a long skinny rectangle with some gobble dee **bleep** inside the square. Notepad, no output. Any pdf file, right click, print, prints perfectly.

What ***bleep***??

I think i figured out the dropped network connection issue that was driving me crazy, for the record, set it up with it connected via USB but don't tell the set up app that you are doing that, and that seemed to correctly establish a staying network connection (we'll see). Took forever to stumble onto that solution via trial and error.

I'm getting to the point where I am gonna chuck this thing off a tall bridge and buy a competitor product for the first time in my life. I am using an HP laptop right now, have had HP desktops, and numerous HP printers over the years with no issue. I will never buy an HP product again, this thing is rediculous.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.