cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Sant1
Level 2
12 8 1 3
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Error: 99.02.28 "Download Error Unsupported Bundle" LaserJet Enterprise M630

HP Recommended
LaserJet Enterprise M630

Hi there. I had this issue with my printer:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/Ram-Test-stuck-on-LaserJet-...

So I ordered a replacement formatter board, Put it in and it asked me to update the firmware on the disk drive. 

So I formatted the SSD drive and tried to download the firmware again. However now it gives me this error:

Download Error 
Unsupported Bundle

Error: 99.02.28

Press OK

I can't find any mention of 99.02.28 anywhere. 

Could it be that I need to load US firmware instead of UK or something to do with region? Any advice would be welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sant1
Author
Level 2
12 8 1 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow so I downloaded the US version (which looks exactly the same), and I also this time made sure to include the MD5 Checksum file (which i had not included before. Now it loaded the firmware without that error. So either it needed a different region or it needed the Checksum file. 

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Sant1
Author
Level 2
12 8 1 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow so I downloaded the US version (which looks exactly the same), and I also this time made sure to include the MD5 Checksum file (which i had not included before. Now it loaded the firmware without that error. So either it needed a different region or it needed the Checksum file. 

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation