Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9730e

Within the office where I work no WiFi works with the printers so, we have been using the WiFi-direct option on the OfficeJet Pro 9730e. However, it doesn't work when people try to print and eventually comes up with:

Error Code: F0.01.01.02 

Process name:

FW Version: 6.20.1.5-202403010422

This has halted a lot of printing and I don't really know what to do. I have essentially factory reset and went through the awkward setup you have to do with no WiFi and it still shows up. Does anyone have a clue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dylan_2000 

Welcome to the HP English Community --

Yeah - not sure.

When my new 9135e dragged through this same firmware-not-firmware error mess, I was able to get it back using both the power Reset and the Restore to Factory Defaults.

To regain access to EWS after a particular brutal session of pounding on it, I unplugged the printer (still switched on but unresponsive) for two minutes (might have been three).

Plugged in - booted - waited while the printer completely booted (a long time - seemed like 2 or 3 minutes)

and

The only was I was able to finally clear the interruptions,. errors, and occasional an complete lack of response was to Restore All Factory Defaults

When the printer was again restarted, it reported the firmware was updated.

Importantly, regardless of whether there was actually any firmware update, the constant errors finally stopped.

All good since then with a couple of minor hiccups.

What if?

If the Restore to Factory does not do the trick, contact HP Support and ask whether they have anything better.

Links provide later in this message.

Open your Browser > Type / enter the Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Section General > Restore Default Settings > Restore Network Settings OR Restore All Factory Defaults

Example - EWS - General > Restore Default Settings > Restore All Factory Defaults

EWS_9135_Restore_All_Factory_Defaults_2EWS_9135_Restore_All_Factory_Defaults_2

==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

HP Support – Hardware / Technical Support for Devices in Warranty

Registered Devices in Warranty:

Contact HP Support

Start here:

HP Support virtual repair center

Printers

Contact HP Support – Printer Support

HP Support  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

HP Support - Regional Links

USA / Canada >   HP® Customer Support - USA

UK >  HP® Customer Support - UK

---------------------------------------------------

Reminders - READ

Online Case Submission to HP Support is available to those whose devices registered and are still in Warranty.

Some regions display phone / chat contact information only after the case is submitted online

Not every issue is covered under the standard Hardware Warranty.  Purchased Care Pack Warranties differ by contract.

HP is not a "general" repair facility: Requests for out-of-warranty repairs are usually not accepted.

If the problem is hardware, if your device is in Warranty, if your device is Registered, and you cannot submit your case to Support, let us know and we will forward a request.

Important

Never post private information in the HP Community!

Thieves are waiting - do not just hand out your privacy to their keeping.

HP Support does not free-post phone numbers for HP Support on the Internet.

Do not be a victim.

Stay vigilant.

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

OR

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Dylan_2000 

Welcome to the HP English Community --

Yeah - not sure.

When my new 9135e dragged through this same firmware-not-firmware error mess, I was able to get it back using both the power Reset and the Restore to Factory Defaults.

To regain access to EWS after a particular brutal session of pounding on it, I unplugged the printer (still switched on but unresponsive) for two minutes (might have been three).

Plugged in - booted - waited while the printer completely booted (a long time - seemed like 2 or 3 minutes)

and

The only was I was able to finally clear the interruptions,. errors, and occasional an complete lack of response was to Restore All Factory Defaults

When the printer was again restarted, it reported the firmware was updated.

Importantly, regardless of whether there was actually any firmware update, the constant errors finally stopped.

All good since then with a couple of minor hiccups.

What if?

If the Restore to Factory does not do the trick, contact HP Support and ask whether they have anything better.

Links provide later in this message.

Open your Browser > Type / enter the Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Section General > Restore Default Settings > Restore Network Settings OR Restore All Factory Defaults

Example - EWS - General > Restore Default Settings > Restore All Factory Defaults

EWS_9135_Restore_All_Factory_Defaults_2EWS_9135_Restore_All_Factory_Defaults_2

==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

HP Support – Hardware / Technical Support for Devices in Warranty

Registered Devices in Warranty:

Contact HP Support

Start here:

HP Support virtual repair center

Printers

Contact HP Support – Printer Support

HP Support  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

HP Support - Regional Links

USA / Canada >   HP® Customer Support - USA

UK >  HP® Customer Support - UK

---------------------------------------------------

Reminders - READ

Online Case Submission to HP Support is available to those whose devices registered and are still in Warranty.

Some regions display phone / chat contact information only after the case is submitted online

Not every issue is covered under the standard Hardware Warranty.  Purchased Care Pack Warranties differ by contract.

HP is not a "general" repair facility: Requests for out-of-warranty repairs are usually not accepted.

If the problem is hardware, if your device is in Warranty, if your device is Registered, and you cannot submit your case to Support, let us know and we will forward a request.

Important

Never post private information in the HP Community!

Thieves are waiting - do not just hand out your privacy to their keeping.

HP Support does not free-post phone numbers for HP Support on the Internet.

Do not be a victim.

Stay vigilant.

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

OR

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! That's sorted out now. I think because there is no WiFi connection there was a few issues with the setup but after a few tries it seems to work fine now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.