Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6255

Error message popped up printer doesn’t work at all now

i tried unplugging and plugging back in

also says NOS_INIT C below the error code

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Shafe509,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions -

Step 1: Check for obstructions in the carriage path

Make sure the carriage path is not blocked.

1. With the printer on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. If your printer has a battery, remove the battery.

3. Open the door to access the carriage inside of the printer.

Examples of carriage access doors

Opening an access door on top of the printerOpening an access door on the front of the printer

4. Look in the carriage path for debris such as crumpled paper or dislodged labels, and then remove any that you find.

Example of a printer with debris in the carriage path

View inside a printer showing crumpled paper in the carriage path causing a carriage jam

5. If the carriage on your printer has a latch, make sure it is closed.

CAUTION: 

Ink tank printers: If the latch is closed, do not press down on it.

If the printhead latch is closed, do not press down on it

6. Use your hand to move the carriage to each side, making sure it moves freely. If the carriage is stalled or docked to one side of the printer and you cannot move it, continue with these steps.

7. Close the carriage access door.

8. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn the printer on.

If the error persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Reset the printer

An error might continue to display after the jam is cleared. To clear the error state, reset the printer, connecting the power cord directly to a wall outlet to make sure the power source is stable and prevent more carriage jams.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.