Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get the B305DFF9 error code at least once a day.  Will a factory reset clear this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Lance

How can I not respond to an appeal like that!

It's been almost 24 hours since my last BSOD, and both my wife and I have printed some things successfully.  So far all is well, and the printer is behaving as it used to, and should.   The process is, as usual with HP, buried fairly deep and does not seem to be documented by them at all  -  so here are the steps required:-

1. Wake up the touchscreen
  2. Touch the little gearwheel on the dark-grey band:  a screen with ‘Jobs/Info‘ appears.
  3. Touch the little gearwheel again, this time on the light-blue-grey band
  4. A screen called Setup will appear
  5. Scroll down to Printer Maintenance near the bottom of the list of options and touch it
  6. Scroll down to Restore and touch it
  7. Touch Restore Factory Defaults
  8. Touch Continue
  9. Wait  . . .  it may well take two or three minutes  . . . 
  10. When printer restarts touch WiFi symbol and reconnect to your router (if you have a WPS button on your router go and hold it for four seconds until the (orangey) light flashes, and the printer will reconnect automatically)
  11. Wait  . . .  and print  . . . 

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Bob

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

Hi @CMCMOma, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Do this every time.

HP Recommended

I believe this has to do with the Bonjour name.  My printer would get this code and lock up 5 min after being powered on.  Only way to get it back on line was to pull the power plug, wait a sec or two and plug power back in.

I looked at the printers Bonjour name and it was a ridiculously long name.  I changed it to HP9018, rebooted the printer and I have not had a problem since.

Would be interested in others with this problem to change the Bonjour name (make it much shorter) and let me/us know if this fixes the issue.   It has been 3 days since I did this and the printer is fine now.

HP Recommended

Try setting the Bonjour name to something much shorter and then reboot the printer.

I did this and the printer works fine now.

Please let me know if this cures your problem!

HP Recommended

Hello,

This works, switchng off at the plug, waiting 10 seconds and turning on again.

1) The power on/off button does not work - can only turn on/off at the plug

2) it does this just about everytime I want to print

3) When I see the blue screen with the error code & everything flashing, I power off etc. but sometimes it comes back to the blue screen so can't even print once before having to reset again.

4) 2 of us share this printer, so it's a pain having to do this and break state of the task at hand and keep having to get up and re-power and the time it takes to reboot - lose the place of the task, slowing down work!

5) Is there a more permananet fix?

Thank you 🙂 

HP Recommended

This does not help.  I have tried it.

HP Recommended

Checked on the firmware and am up to date.  Am still getting this error.  Comes back <15 minutes from cycling power.

HP Recommended

Despite unplugging printer, I can't eliminate problem.

HP Recommended

I get the B305DFF9 error code at least once a day. What I do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.