Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7800 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I am managing my printer from the web interface and I look under REPORTS then EVENT LOGS I see I have a bunch of different event numbers such as 74899 and for every event number it simply says under description PRINTER EVENT. How do I find out what these codes mean?

If I have posted this in the wrong forum, please direct me to the appropriate one.

Thanks!

~DT.NET
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DT_Net Are these errors causing the printer or the computer to malfunction or stop working in anyway? If not, there's nothing to worry about, the event ID captures every minute details such as disconnection or turning off the device or even changing the settings as an error and is mostly insignificant, that said, if you have any issues as such, please do explain the same, so we can work on fixing it, accordingly.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.