Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

went through a bunch of forums about this, even contacted Brother  and Microsoft.

eventually fixed the problem by re-installing Windows.

I know it is not an ideal solution, but it is the only thing that worked for me.

HP Recommended

Funny but mine quit doing it last week after at least 5 months of doing it.  I had begun to leave it unplugged when I wasn't using it and would just plug it back into the USB once I was ready to print.  It would print the one or 3 pages right then and then my document and I would unplug it. It quit doing it over the weekend and hasn't done it since. 

HP Recommended

Justtheretohelp - Which version of Windows did you reinstall?

HP Recommended

I didn't reinstall Windows.  I purchased a new Windows 11 computer.  After connecting my Brother printer, this started happening.

HP Recommended

Sorry, did I misunderstand? You said "eventually fixed the problem by re-installing Windows." Not sure I understand how you fixed the problem. I have this problem on a Windows 11 laptop with an Epson printer and would love to be able to resolve it. Thanks.

HP Recommended

You must have misunderstood or replied to someone else's post.  I never said that I re-installed windows nor has the problem been fixed.

HP Recommended

Hi Jdove - you are correct. My question as to which version of Windows was reinstalled was directed to "Justtheretohelp ". 🙂

HP Recommended

I see many of you are having issues with computers that have Windows 11. I started having this issue in my old computer that had Windows 10 and now have a new computer with Windows 11. Same issue. I have tried clearing the memory on my printer as that seems to be the issue. Mine will say that there are still things in memory to print when all printing has been finished. This message will not come up until hours after I have finished printing something. I mainly use this printer for my bookkeeping tasks but it is also my backup printer. I can't tell you how many checks I have ruined over the last few months because of this issue. I have now started printing the first check on a blank piece of paper and then reprinting the check after any error pages have printed. Saves me much headache and the costs of ruined checks.

HP Recommended

Mine has stopped doing it as of about 2 or 3 weeks ago now.  I think it had to do with Windows 11 upgrade from 10 (for me) and then it took a bit for HP/Epson/Brother,etc. to figure out a fix for the update since it was across all printer brands and not just HP.  I made sure that I went into my settings and set it to auto update and once it stopped, I changed my windows settings back to update manually.  Hopefully, this helps some of you.  Go in, update Windows 11 and then restart your computer AND printer in the correct order for your make/model.  For my HP laserjet enterprise M553, I unplugged it from power and my HP computer, shut both down, left it overnight then restarted both and reconnected in the right order as suggested in the manual.  Worked ever since that I have noticed. I haven't seen a page in weeks.

HP Recommended

Not sure if you were asking me but I upgraded. I may have said reinstall, but I meant upgraded to 11 from 10 Windows in the fall and it has been doing it ever since. It corrected after I updated, unplugged everything and restarted everything.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.