Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an Epson ET-4700 on Windows 11.  Same problem, it started after I upgraded to Winn 11.

Uninstalled Epson drivers, re-installed drivers.  Problem continues.

HP Recommended

Update,

I have also tried re-installing the drivers on my printer to no avail. Just wanted to add that for all of you out there. It will sometimes go for several days without doing it and then go right back to the same issue. The actual notice on my printer says "Data Remaining in Memory" I have tried everything brother has mentioned to get it to clear. I have even tried turning it off over night or unplugging it and nothing will make it stop!

HP Recommended

It looks like Windows 11 is the problem not the printer/scanner,  This started happening about the time I upgraded my Windows 10 to 11.  Thanks everyone for sharing,  I have an Epson BTW.

HP Recommended

Well, now you've seen it on an Epson. Same thing, Win11, etc.

HP Recommended

This was happening before we upgraded to new computers with windows 11. So I am not sure it is a windows 11 thing. I am guessing it is a windows issue but it started for me on my brother printer when we still had windows 10. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the printer with no change. I have dumped the data bank form the printer as well. Still has the same ongoing problem.

HP Recommended

All I know is that I was using Brother MFC-L2750DW with Windows 10 beginning 2018.with no issue.  I purchased a new Windows 11 computer in December 2022 and this nightmare started.  The paper this whatever it is wasting is ridiculous!  I've started reusing the paper to prevent waste of paper which is not cheap!

HP Recommended

Well, after it having stopped doing it for over a month, it has started up again. We had a power outage from a storm and when the printer turned itself back on, it began doing it again and now does it ONLY before I begin to print once the printer has been idle.  It was printing more than 1 page at a time of the same error message "Get/eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost " and sometimes multiple times on each page.  Now it will print it either once or multiple times on a page, but only once I hit "print" for the printer to begin a job.  It doesn't print them all night.  I was having to disconnect the power at night because I would come in and it would have printed 20 pages of that error message.  It has been going on now since Fall of 2022 so let's see if HP ever logs in here and offers a solution other than uninstall and reinstall (WHICH I am pretty certain we have all done so far before hopping in this group chat).... Beyond frustrated with HP.  I have now got an issue where the printer will hang and not respond and I have to unplug it and let it set for 10 minutes or so then restart it to let it "reset" because simply deleting the print jobs doesn't work.

HP Recommended

Hi @Flagstaff2 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing cartridge issues.

Request you to update printer firmware. Kindly refer to the steps on this link and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

While I appreciate your replying, you obviously have not read the entire thread.  We have all updated the firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled and unplugged and left the printers idle. Unless you guys at HP came up with a magical driver update in the last week, we need you to offer any other solution but those I listed above.  Please take the time to review all of the posts on this single thread that  has been going for many months before posting a solution that has already been tried unless you know for a fact that it has been updated within the last week. 

HP Recommended

I can confirm it is an issue for Epson printers, same as others.  I thought my old Epson printer was faulty so I bought a new Epson printer.  Got the same ScannerStatus error on Day 2 of the new printer.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.