Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an Epson L5290 and it was working fine with a Windows 11 Desktop.

Things were fine when I had to shift to my Windows 11 laptop, however, it started printing this error few days ago, I think this started after I installed the default Windows Scan App.

I have just removed it and will check if it will print this again.

HP Recommended

TonyMI, you are a genius!  I THINK!

I just  tried this:

Click the Advanced tab. Remove the check from Show informational notifications for local printers. Click Apply → OK. In addition, if you have an HP computer,  open Services and STOP  the HPPrintScanDoctorService   Then open Task Scheduler, go down to Task Schedular Library/ HP / HP Print Scan Doctor   Select Printer Health Monitor, then from the dropdown Action menu, select disable   Select Pinter Health Monitor Logon, then from the dropdown Action menu, select disable.

from your suggestion and it works like a charm!!!!!!!!!!!  So far so good! 3 days and not one error page so far! I have done all of the  usual trying to get it to print one and nothing yet.  I hope everyone following this thread sees this and does it and upvotes your comment.

HP Recommended

This should work the same for you. TonyMI does not have an HP but I do.  TonyMI states that they have a Kyocera printer and an HP computer. I have both HP computer and printer and did the following from TonyMI and it worked so far for 3 days and counting!

Click the Advanced tab. Remove the check from Show informational notifications for local printers. Click Apply → OK. In addition, if you have an HP computer,  open Services and STOP  the HPPrintScanDoctorService   Then open Task Scheduler, go down to Task Schedular Library/ HP / HP Print Scan Doctor   Select Printer Health Monitor, then from the dropdown Action menu, select disable   Select Pinter Health Monitor Logon, then from the dropdown Action menu, select disable

HP Recommended

JDove

This seems to have worked for me.

Click the Advanced tab. Remove the check from Show informational notifications for local printers. Click Apply → OK. In addition, if you have an HP computer,  open Services and STOP  the HPPrintScanDoctorService   Then open Task Scheduler, go down to Task Schedular Library/ HP / HP Print Scan Doctor   Select Printer Health Monitor, then from the dropdown Action menu, select disable   Select Pinter Health Monitor Logon, then from the dropdown Action menu, select disable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.