Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 5225
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Because I started getting "Turn Off - Replace ITB" messages on my 15 year old HP 5225, I bought a refurbished ITB unit and re-installed it. The first time I started it, I got the  "Turn Off - Replace ITB", but after that didn't get it for about 5 uses. However, now it happens every time I turn it on. I have removed and replaced the unit twice to no avail. I don't know what else to do, ang suggestions welcone - except, please - don't tell me to reset the counter unless you have instructions specific to the 5225 for that! The 5225 does not appear to have a "Reset Counter" selection in the  menu system, despite many "How to reset the counter" results on the net include the 5225 when they shouldn't.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Home button -> Administration -> Manage Supplies -> Rest Supplies -> New Transfer Kit ->Yes -> Ok 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi!

The 5225 does not have the menu functions "Administration/Manage Supplies/Reset Supplies/New Transfer Kit. I know most HP models do, but the 5225 does not! There doesn't not appear to be any way to reset the counter. That is the problem.

HP Recommended

No problem at all.

When the new transfer belt is installed it resets count automatically, your transfer belt was probably poorly refurbished.

Read lower instruction on how to manually adjust your transfer belt so when installed it will trigger the printer to reset count:

https://www.metrofuser.com/post/resetting-hp-cp4020-cp4025-cp4525-cm4540-m680-m651-transfer-belt-kit... 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I also had this problem. but not now

no need to change anythings.

just re open and close the right door and Repeat this( no cartridge door)

after a while this error will solve

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.