Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP3831
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ok,

after dealing with a HP OJ Pro 6830, that never worked fine having problems with the printhead, and as the print head is again not working, I gave up, and bought an HP OJ 3831 as I need to give aways some urgent documents...

Now, If I read here :

https://store.hp.com/ItalyStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=K7V45B&opt=629&sel=PRN

under 'Funzionalità avanzate' (advanced features) there is the word 'Stampa fronte retro', which should mean the printer is able to prints both sides of a sheet...but, if I try to print a page both sides, it ask me to recover the page just printed, and put it back in the loader to print the other side...

Am I missing something...? How to enable the dual face printing...?

Thanks

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Shlomi

Ok, thanks...

Now I have seen it almost at the end of the page... I missed it, also coz' I previoulsy read some comments on Amazon ( where I bought it from ) which told it was printing both sides automaticaly, so when I saw it at the start of the printer description, it was enought for me...

I think however this should be made clear also in the 1st description of the 'stampa fronte/retro'... Today every printer can do the both sides manually, so, declaring this as an 'advanced feature' in the printer description, is a little cheating IMO...

I will send it back...

Alex

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Alex,

The pritner support printing on both sides of the paper manually, it do not offer automatic duplex printing.

See the printer specifications (Specifiche della stampante):

https://store.hp.com/ItalyStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=K7V45B&opt=629&sel=PRN

Stampa fronte/retro - Manuale (viene fornito il supporto driver)

you should manually relaod the paper with the printed side faced to the back to print the other side of the paper.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello Shlomi

Ok, thanks...

Now I have seen it almost at the end of the page... I missed it, also coz' I previoulsy read some comments on Amazon ( where I bought it from ) which told it was printing both sides automaticaly, so when I saw it at the start of the printer description, it was enought for me...

I think however this should be made clear also in the 1st description of the 'stampa fronte/retro'... Today every printer can do the both sides manually, so, declaring this as an 'advanced feature' in the printer description, is a little cheating IMO...

I will send it back...

Alex

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.