Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HP902XL Ink was nowhere to be found for the previous several months.  After discovering black ink at CVS, I purchased only to find the ink cartridge leaked immediately after removing the plastic orange seal. I returned the ink to CVS.  Subsequently I was told by an Office Depot sales person there is. a recall on this ink and it was unknown when it would be available. Today (12/26/2020), I found color XL at COSTCO and purchased it.  I then found the black ink at Office Depot and purchased it.  Upon removing the plastic orange seal, the black ink leaked all over my new carpet.  Then, while using a red ink cartridge in order to demonstrate to my spouse how I removed the plastic orange seal from the black  ink cartridge, the red cartridge also leaked.  I am now faced with trying to return ink to two different stores and still continue to be unable to use my HP inkjet printer and will probably need to replace my carpet. Attempts to reach HP Support on Saturday the day after Christmas were unsuccessful.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DFD3 

We have the following to offer on the subject:

HP OfficeJet Printers - 'Incompatible' or 'Defective Cartridge' message

This document applies only to these HP Officejet and Officejet Pro printers that use HP 910, 912, 914, 915, 902-905, or HP 935 ink cartridges:

• HP Officejet 6810, 6820, 6950, 6960, and 8010 printer series
  • HP OfficeJet Pro 6230, 6830, 6960, 6970, 8020, and 8030 printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.