Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-one 1514
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded to windows 10 and ever since have been unable to print from my computer. It is connected via USB.

I can print test pages and do scans, but when trying to print a document or email, it will not communicate.

I have done all windows updates available to me, I have updated drivers, I have downloaded the HP Deskjet 1510 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers and followed the instructions. I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer and restarted the computer after each new attempt.

At first, it was saying that I needed to connect the USB (even though it was connected). After doing the uninstall and reinstall, it finally noticed that it was connected, but still won't print.

Please help....!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @curl79,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you cannot print with your HP Deskjet 1514, after upgrading to Windows 10. And, I am happy to help! 

Please try the following steps in this order: 

After these steps are completed, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor program, and let me know the results! 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope these steps help, and hope to hear from you soon! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI @curl79,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you cannot print with your HP Deskjet 1514, after upgrading to Windows 10. And, I am happy to help! 

Please try the following steps in this order: 

After these steps are completed, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor program, and let me know the results! 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope these steps help, and hope to hear from you soon! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

I write here for help - as I find no specific support for the 1510.

After installing Win 10 Redwood, my Deskjet 1510 Series printer failes to print on system commands.

I have run HP Print Doctor and find I can successfully print the test page.

I followed the above procedure for re-installing the lastest driver DJ1510_188 - but still receive no success at normal Windows printing.

The Win10 Trouble shooter keeps telling me I have issues with USB001 - which I know I don't.

Any further idea's I could try. I have to be able to print. Could the driver be insufficient in managing its communication with Windows or visa versa?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.