Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have had the 150nw for just over a year and it has been used rarely during that time, printing no more than 100 pages in total. I recently switched it on and it is now producing ghosted prints with what is been printed being replicated approx 19cm below the actual print (see image below). This happens with all prints; black & white, colour, text or images.

I have followed the basic instructions provided for cleaning and have visually inspected each part etc. but can see nothing out of place.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated?

PrintTst.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey,

I have the exact same issue and same printer, let me know if you find a solution

HP Recommended

Hey,

After a lot of searching I didn't so much find a solution as a number of people with the exact same issue with this series of printers. The suggested fixes have either been to replace the Drum or the Fuser but although this seems to resolve the issue for some it's very hit and miss. As the cost of replacing the Drum/Fuser is approximately half the cost of a new printer that's a significant cost just to see it it fixes the issue.

So my solution was, based on the fact the printer was only just over a year old, had printed less than 100 pages in total and HP's lack of interest in offering any support, I wrote it off as a design flaw and brought a new printer from an different supplier rather than invest more money in a bad product.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Hey,

That is so frustrating, I was afraid that was the case indeed. I'll probably never go with HP again.

Thank you for the update Quoth.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.