Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Try this: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Hello, having a problem connecting HP Deskjet 3051A to wireless router.  Router is AT&T 4111N Wireless Mode/Router combination.  Computer is Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.

When I try to configure the printer onto the network I get the following message:

Issue: MAC address filtering may be enabled on your wireless router.
Solution: If MAC address filtering is enabled on your router you should disable it.  If you would like to keep it enabled, you must first add the MAC address of your printer (shown above) to the list of permitted devices for you wireless router before continuing.

MAC filtering is not enabed on the router, I have checked and re-checked the setting multiple times, unsure what to do as no other options are presented in the error message.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

ksjones66

HP Recommended

Make sure that 802.11g mode is enabled on the router.  This printer will not communicate on 802.11n.

Also, restart the router just before you try installing the printer.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended
OMG thank you. I was about to despair. This was hair-raising because it bounced us off the network for the duration of the exercise, but it worked.
HP Recommended

I found that after changing routers, matching the SSID and WPA2 code of the previous router., my HP3052A showed an IP address, and "connected", but the ePrint light was out, and it said it could not connect to the internet.  I could ping the printer IP address.

I can scan with it, using the HP Android app all-in-one.

I set the wireless to default.

I tried to connect WPS, both push button and PIN.  Both failed.

I have no Windows or Mac computers.

I did not want to turn off the WPA2 on my router, so I could connect to the printer web page, because other devices in my house had been upset by the change in the network already, and I had them all corrected.

I should have tried the printer web page before I reset the existing WiFi connection on the printer, but I had forgotten that it existed.

On the laptop, I noticed HP-something as a listed Access Point.

I connected to it and received an ip address of 192.168.223.100.

I opened a browser page to 192.168.223.1 and followed the Network Setup Wizard to configure for the home network, which it listed.

Power cycled the printer.

It picked up the old address, and now ePrint is lighted.

No page suggests using the printer built in Access Point for the initial setup that I've seen.

HP Recommended

just wanted to thank you!

since I bought my hp 3516 a couple of years ago I never managed to get the setup for the wireless function. i just never worked.

today I called my local hp supportm and even though I was out of the warranty time, the guy on the phone was kind enough to listen to my problem and give me the right information I would never think about: there was an issue with the printers router configuration in the encryption section, i doesn't come from the stoer enabled to any kind of WPA security, so I need to change my  wifi router  settings ...

I did change it but the only option that worked was letting my wifi connection all open, with no password. and I didn't like i. so I gave this forum another go,  but this time new it had something to do with WPA and finally got to your post, and now everything made sense, and I FINALLY GOT IT!

WORKING FINE and PERFECT!

thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.