Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3755
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi!  I just puchased this printer yesterday, July 26, 2016... while trying to set it up today, the ink carriage cartridge is stuck left and keeps catching on something.  I have tried to unplug it and do a hard reset on the printer, and also have unplugged it and tried to move the carriage manually, and to no avail, the carriage does not move.  Does anyone have any tips? 

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @wgarnai,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you are unable finish setting up an HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer because the carriage is stuck over on the left side of the printer. I would like to help.

I would done exactly what you have done already.

I would try unplugging it again and see if the carriage can be moved manually. It really should not take too much effort, but if you are unable to get it to move the printer might be suffering from a manufacturing defect.

If the printer is new you could exercize the point of sale's return policy or if you wanted you could contact HP Tech Support by phone to handle it under the HP Manufacturer Warranty. 

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

HI!
I had this same issue when I bought mine, and saw that there was a small black piece of plastic that I assume holds the cartridges to the left after a job or while a jam needs to be cleared. After watching it block the carriages when I powerd up my printer twice, I saw that it may move with some assistance. I don't normally recommend this but it worked. 
I pull the small piece of plastic with some force until it clicked with a slight lean towards me, then pushed it back. Then just restarted the printer and it started running just fine and I was able to continue with the set up process.

HP Recommended
Same exact issue!! Did what you recommened and it worked. I was going to ve so annoyed if I had to return and most likely would have purchased something differeng.
HP Recommended

Exact same issue also.  Black plastic piece blocking carriage return.  I pulled it toward me until it clicked and then pushed it back.  I had to do it 3 times before it would function correctly and allow the carriage to complete the return cycle.  Thanks for helping with this.

HP Recommended

Thanks!  Also had exact same issue.  Nice to know the users know more about the machine than the help desk at HP.  Sheesh.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.