Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp envy 5530 all-in-one
Windows 8.1

My printer availability/status is showing offline. When I try to print from my laptop I get the message "printer offline". I have broadband internet which I have my wireless router connected to.  My printer is associated with the router as are all my other items ( tablets, laptops, smartphones) if this information is even relevant.   I have tried my hp scan doctor which tells me there are no issues and it shows as my printer is online! I have tried so many different "solutions" and I have no clue what to do.  Please someone tell me how to change my printer from offline to online. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please check if the printer is connected to the router.

Please key in the printer's IP address in the browser ( Internet Explorer / Chrome / Firefox ). 

If the printer info show up, that  indicates that the printer is communicating to the PC.

else, please run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer front panel.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please check if the printer is connected to the router.

Please key in the printer's IP address in the browser ( Internet Explorer / Chrome / Firefox ). 

If the printer info show up, that  indicates that the printer is communicating to the PC.

else, please run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer front panel.

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Thank you! I ran the wizard and ended up "resetting" my router. Seems to be working great now.

HP Recommended

I continue to get the message that the printer is "offline".  I don't turn my printer off, it's always on, but everytime I try to print, I get this message.  What setting or driver update is there so that the printer and the router stay talking to eachother.  This is very inconvenient that I have to stop what I'm doing, run to another area to push the setup wizard and wait for it to reconnect with the router, then back to my PC to print, then back to the printer to pick up the paperwork.  THIS IS PAIN!!  Please fix this issue with the HP ENVY 5530.

I have also found that if I go through the setup wiz prior to printing (expecting to print) that it still give me this message until there is actually a document in the print queue.

I'm ready to go out and buy a different printer...PLEASE HELP!

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

when I try to print my laptop says printer offline. my printer ishp envy 5530e. how do I put it back on line

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended
I have downloaded and run the scan every time this happens. It just KEEPS happening. If my printer is on, why do I continually have to rescan for it. This is just bad programming!
HP Recommended

I'm having this exact problem. Brand new envy 4520 printer. everything all set up correctly, each time I go to print it says off line. 
The problem is the HP doctor each time asks you to re-boot the router...each time!  And that resolves it.  But I can't re-boot each time I want to print. any other solutions much appreciated

HP Recommended

I cannot print when I send something to the printer. The message goes to queque but says printer is offline. How do I get printer online?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.