Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6255 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

When trying to print wirelessly from my phone or laptop, the printer shows up as available and connected, however, when I press "print" nothing happens. Previously, there were no issues with printing wirelessly. Printing directly connected is OK.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Hovawart81,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand there may be a connectivity issue between your devices and the HP ENVY Photo 6255 printer over the wireless network. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Restart Devices: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix connectivity issues. Restart both your printer and the devices you're trying to print from (phone and laptop).
  • Check Wireless Connection: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to the same wireless network as your phone and laptop. You can do this by printing a Wireless Network Test report from the printer's control panel. Make sure the wireless network name (SSID) matches the one your devices are connected to.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your HP ENVY Photo 6255 printer. You can usually do this from the printer's settings menu or by visiting the HP support website and entering your printer model number. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Update Printer Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest printer drivers installed on your phone and laptop. You can download the drivers from the HP website or use the HP Smart app to update them. Software and Drivers for HP ENVY Photo 6255 All-in-One Printer
  • Check Printer Queue: Sometimes, print jobs can get stuck in the printer queue. Open the print queue on your phone or laptop and check if there are any pending print jobs. If so, try canceling them and then try printing again.
  • Firewall/Antivirus Settings: Check if your firewall or antivirus software is blocking the connection between your devices and the printer. Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software and try printing again to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the printer's network settings to default and then reconnecting it to your wireless network. Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to do this.

Refer to this document: HP ENVY Photo 6255 All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.