Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color Printer M551n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Community. Have just received an item the Transfer belt cleasning blade assembly. Not too bad to fit at the end of the belt.

HOWEVER on the nearside a screw is first remove to fit the assembly. OK BUT abiout a 1 inch spring jumped out wo I think a part at tghe very lef end which turned back/forward to cover an outlet hole prob for the surplus carbot. Searched jsy about everywhere and cannot locate where to fit this again.CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE AS i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. 

iMPOSSIBLE TO FIND HELP ON THIS on the internet or even a duirect em address or telephone number. Can supply photo if required. Many thanks to anyone who can help me. Dr Richard Talbot MBE UK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is likely the spring that holds the waste door closed when you remove the belt from the printer to keep toner from going everywhere. You are correct that there should be a groove in the door that the spring sits in and then a tab on the belt itself that the spring rests against. I do not have one of these in front of me, but I think you are on the right track.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Did the vendor that supplied the part not provide any assistance? HP does not offer this part and there are no instructions in the service manuals on this. Can you post a picture and I might be able to help you. Be sure to include a clear photo of the part and where you think it came from. Keep in mind that all images are moderated that means when you first post they will not appear to have worked, but fear not ,they will be posted after a moderator approves them.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Pic 1.jpgPic 2.JPGPic 1.jpg

HP Recommended

sent a couple of pictires. As you can see there is a flap that goes over the whole which i think is for the waste carbon. This moves up and down the only place which the spring could possibly go is within the grove on the inside of the flap itself.  This is what I would like to know. Once fitted the end cover is then re rescrewed. This is at the end of the transfer belt.

Any advise would be really appricated and welcomed as apart from this thought I can think of nothing else as once removed the end piece there is no visable sign of a spring.  Many thanks again.

Richard UK

HP Recommended

That is likely the spring that holds the waste door closed when you remove the belt from the printer to keep toner from going everywhere. You are correct that there should be a groove in the door that the spring sits in and then a tab on the belt itself that the spring rests against. I do not have one of these in front of me, but I think you are on the right track.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply and confirmation that I think I have re fitted the sping in the grove in the flap tab at the side as there is no other explanation. Many thanks for your trouble its much appreciated. 

Dr Richard Talbot MBE UK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.