Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have read through the forums and found nothing, apart from somone saying probably an issue with the Printing tray.

Every setting I can set on the printer driver and in word are set to borderless edge to edge. I have tried re installing the drivers, but there is still always a small margin, I read somewhere on the HP site they say to take the paper out the tray and move the slider to the left but obviously the slider centres the paper all the time so I cannot seem to set it to the far left. 

We have 3 of these printers and brought them with the intension of being able to print borderless, we didnt set them up right away, so now our maintenance has ran out so HP won't help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your help.

I finally figured out a solution. It appears to be Word with the issue.

I have an image on the far right of the page and that was what was causing the issue.

I ended up moving the image further right so that it now looked wrong and like it was off the page.

This worked, just took a bit of tweaking. Im not sure if there is a better way to do it so you can actually see what you print will look like, is slightly anoying because if I want to send to a client it would look bad.

So not an HP issue it is a word issue.

Thanks for your help Waterboy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello PJMAXWELL,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

When attempting to do the borderless printing, what size is the paper that you are attempting to use?

Are you using tray #1 when printing?  Borderless printing can only be done in tray#1.

So I can better assist you, please respond with which Operating System you are running:
Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,   Smiley Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Waterboy

Thanks alot for responding, the paper is A4 I measured it as 297x210mm

From what I can see the printer only has one paper tray. The main tray you can pull out fill with paper and put back in.

On top the fax place, where the fax paper goes in.

I am using Windows 8.1

Cheers

PJMAXWELL

HP Recommended

Hi PJMAXWELL,

Please click on the following link for Print borderless documents.  Please go to Page 43.

Thanks again for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I have read the page and followed it (it was pretty much how I had it)

Here is my setup:

In devices and printers "HP Officejet Pro 8600" - Printing Preferences :

12121.jpg

Advanced Options:

advOtion.jpg

Then settings in word:

2323.jpg

Printer Propeties:

33333333.jpg

Advanced:

33333333333333333333333.png

Result is still printing about a 5mm border down the left hand edge. 

HP Recommended

Hi again PJMAXWELL,

This may sound a little silly but do you have the printers power cable plugged into a power bar/strip? 

If so, please make sure that you have the printer power cable connected directly to a wall outlet and not a power bar/strip. Here is a document that uses a LaserJet printer as an example but it is meant for HP products in general. Please click on the following link that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.

This could be the reason why you are having the border down the left hand edge.

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here: click here.

Thanks again for your time.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your help.

I finally figured out a solution. It appears to be Word with the issue.

I have an image on the far right of the page and that was what was causing the issue.

I ended up moving the image further right so that it now looked wrong and like it was off the page.

This worked, just took a bit of tweaking. Im not sure if there is a better way to do it so you can actually see what you print will look like, is slightly anoying because if I want to send to a client it would look bad.

So not an HP issue it is a word issue.

Thanks for your help Waterboy

HP Recommended

What does connecting Directly to Power source have to do with Printer Issues

HP Recommended

The difinitive way to print borderless in this case is first to  make sure the printer settings are set to print borderless and your orientation either landscape or portrait is set right. You may have to select design and then page borders and make sure settings are correct there, along with orientation in layout. Once you have your image ready you need to go to file and select export. There you will find a button that says create pdf/xps. Click it and publish the image. If you already have Abobe Acrobat Reader it should automatically show up there next. At that point you just print your image and it will print borderless.  Voilà !!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.