Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8135e

New Printer out the box displays an error code 05F4DE48. After restarting the printer, it shows firmware update unsuccessful, then goes back to blue screen error code once again. I’ve tried factory reset, powering down, using an Ethernet, but nothing works. Once WiFi is connected, the screen freezes and error codes.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Araymercado,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've tried several troubleshooting steps already. The error code you're encountering, 05F4DE48, seems to be related to a firmware issue with your HP Officejet 8135e printer. Since you've attempted a factory reset and powering down the printer without success, there might be a more specific issue with the firmware or hardware.

Here are a few additional steps you can try:

• Manual Firmware Update: If you haven't already, you might try manually updating the firmware on the printer. Sometimes, automated firmware updates can fail, but manually installing the latest firmware version might resolve the issue. You can usually find firmware update instructions on the HP support website, along with the firmware files you need to download.
  • Check Network Settings: Since the error occurs when connecting via WiFi, there might be an issue with the network settings. Make sure your WiFi network is stable and properly configured. You might also try connecting the printer to a different WiFi network, if possible, to see if the issue persists.
  • Check for Hardware Issues: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, there might be a hardware issue with the printer itself.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.