10-05-2020 04:40 PM
I recently reconnected my printer after returning from summer break. The printer is giving me an error message "Ink System Failure". I cannot see any other screens or options; only the message.
I've read other forums and have tried these remedies:
1. Disconnected the power cord from the printer, waited 60 seconds and reconnected the power cord;
2. Disconnected the power cord, held down the power button and reconnected the power cord to get a forced factory reset;
3. Removed all ink heads (brand-new) and removed the printhead and gently cleaned it.
I've talked to the school tech, he said everything is correctly configured. I can't even see my settings on HP Smart. I get the message: Can't open printer home or EWS page. Printer home is not available, because there is no response from the printer.
10-08-2020 06:40 AM
Welcome to HP Community
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03081973 and let me know how it goes
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
10-09-2020 09:57 AM
As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you contact HP support in your region regarding the service options for your printer/ computer.
Follow the instructions below to reach them:
1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.
If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region from you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Have a great day!
10-09-2020 10:46 AM - edited 10-09-2020 10:48 AM
@McTeacher I have two of these same printers that did the same thing within 24 hours of each other. It seems like it is an update issue, but cannot seem to find any options for that. I have completed all of the same steps you did as well.