Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Example: HP Officejet 5610v All-in-One printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, all,

I'm new to the HP community and have a simple question regarding a fairly old HP printer, an HP Officejet 5610v All-in-One printer, to be exact. I recently attempted to change the black ink cartridge, but had an issue with the fit. After I removed the old one (#27 C8727A), I attempted to install the new #27, but it wouldn't fit into place. According to the "compatible cartridges" sticker on my printer I can use a #56, #27, or a #58 black ink cartridge. I currently have the #27, but oddly enough neither the old one nor the new one fit. Not sure how I got it in there in the first place. The tri-colored cartridge went in with ease, but the black #27 seems to be ill-fitting all of a sudden. I've reset the printer and there doesn't seem to be anything blocking the slot, so I'm really puzzled.

Should I try a #56? Would that fit in the slot?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Lefky123

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lefky123, Welcome to HP Support Community!

As per the document it does support HP 56 ink, but before you make a purchase, please reach out to the HP Support in your region and verify the same.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.