Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How do I restart / recover the Embedded Web Server password in the hp deskjet 2630?

All options are blocked! I do not have a password to log in.
HP does not provide any method to restart to factory settings.

The method for restarting the wifi settings is not effective, only the wifi restarts and nothing more. The EWS password remains.

In such a locked state, I can not even connect the printer to a wifi network. It refuses connections, if the network is encrypted, it can only be connected to non-encrypted ones, which is not the solution.

It happened after the automatic update that the printer did itself after connecting to the network.

What should I do about it now? How do I restart / recover the Embedded Web Server password ???

After entering the EWS, everything looks like this.

hp.jpg

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@TomaszDwrwal

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out!

As I understand you need information on resetting the EWS username / password,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted a network default to resolve the issue?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

To restore network settings to default settings

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

The network will need to be reconfigured afterwards. Then the user name will be admin and the password is left blank. 

If the issue persists, reply back and I'll be more than happy to send out the semi-reset process to help resolve the issue as that would be the last resort.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to reset the network settings. But that does not affect EWS and its password in any way.

Unfortunately, this method does not work. I still can not log in to EWS!
The EWS password remains unchanged.

Can you give different methods?

HP Recommended

@TomaszDwrwal

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

That said, I understand your concern and I do have another method of getting this taken care off:

here's what I suggest you do:

Open the EWS and reset the password

1. Open a web browser and type the printer IP address in the address field exactly as it appears on the Configuration Page,  and then press Enter.

2. Click the Security tab, and under General Security, set the local administrator password.

1. Keep the username default as admin.

2. Type the New Password and Verify Password.

3. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click Apply.

Use these credentials the next time you Log In to the EWS.

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

The printer cannot be connected to a network. Use these steps to reset the printer settings to re-establish a network connection.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon  .

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Restore, and then touch Restore Factory Default.

4. Touch Continue on the confirmation message.

5. Wait until factory defaults are restored and the printer restarts.

6. Read and respond to the setup screens to set up the printer.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, both methods are useless.

The first can not be applied for a simple reason. I do not have the administrator password in EWS. All options are blocked including changing the password.

In EWS, there are options to restore factory settings and password changes, but in order to get there first you need to log in. I can not do this because I do not have an admin password for EWS.

The second one does not match 2630, it is impossible to do these steps because simply the printer does not have such a screen. A completely different printer model.

Any other ideas? Because the problem with EWS as it was still is.

HP Recommended

@TomaszDwrwal

Thank you for replying.

As @Riddle_Decipher is out of the office at the moment, I'm replying to you. I truly appreciate your efforts and patience.

You may restore the network defaults on the printer by following the below steps:

If the issue still persists after the network defaults then please reset the printer. I have sent you a private message with the reset instructions.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be glad to assist you.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, both methods still did not restore the factory settings. The EWS password is still present unfortunately!

HP Recommended

@TomaszDwrwal

I understand that the issue remains unresolved.

This may require a one to one conversation. Therefore, I suggest you to contact our HP phone support team for further course of action.The phone support team can be reached via this link: https://hp.care/2uJxnug

Hope this helps.

Good luck! 

HP Recommended

It is sad that in 2018 I am forced to use the phone for help. Which, moreover, is currently unavailable!

Is it difficult for HP to prepare documentation for the product they sell?
The matter is simple. HP by its ineptitude blocked my printer. The whole problem occurred when the printer made automatic updates.

Is there anyone working at HP who is familiar with the method to restore the DeskJet 2630 printer to the factory default settings?
Or did HP decide to rob customers by blocking their printers and forcing them to buy another one?
The level of incompetence at HP is very high.

Perhaps some e-mail address for some technician / HP engineer who knows a little about the products that HP sells?!

I repeat the question. How can I restore the factory settings in the HP DeskJet 2630 printer so that I can use EWS !!!

HP Recommended

Dear

I am asking you for help. Please try to pass this case to someone from the technical team or someone in HP who is able to solve this problem.

I really do not want to believe that it is impossible to restore this printer to factory settings with some combination.

I am not able to contact HP by phone. All hope in you!!!

If I can not solve this problem, what should I do with the printer? Throw the printer out and go buy a new one? It is not a solution!

Looking through the HP forum, I see that I am not the only one who has the same problem with the deskjet 2630. And so far no one has been able to solve the problem!

Someone at HP must take this case seriously, it can not remain unresolved.

Once again, please try to pass this matter to someone in HP who will be able to solve the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.