Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have checked for paper jams and cleaned cartridges but the power and resume lights keep blinking...Anybody help????

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@geno3682000,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand that you are getting blinking lights on the printer.

Don't worry I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you try replacing the cartridge?

Did you try to do any changes to the printer?

Remove the cartridge and do a Hard Reset.

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

(9) reinsert the cartridges

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

If you like to appreciate my efforts clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I appreciate the reply and help. 

I did replace the cartridges(4) and the issue is that the power button and resume button blink which is supposed to indicate a paper jam.  I have extensively checked the front and back and that is not the issue at all.  I have done several hard resets with same results.  All the rollers are clean as well.This was my mom's printer and she used it very little so I think it must be a logic issue that I really want to fix...Any other suggestions?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@geno3682000,

Thanks for the reply,

Please follow the below link to fix the issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6100-eprinter-series-h611/4322969/model/4323174/do...

Let me how it goes!

If you like to appreciate my efforts clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have already been there and tried the solutions several times...there must be a way to completely reset the logic...do you think removing the cartridges and resetting will help even though those leds are not blinking?

HP Recommended

@geno3682000,

Thanks for the reply,

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

If your product is Out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted on any other assistance.

Hope that helps! Let me know 🙂

If you like to appreciate my efforts clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.