Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hpc4795 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP Photosmart c4795 printer is ghosting on emails only.  Test page prints fine.  Word prints fine.  I am using Windows 10.  Anybody help me find the problem? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mehoops1, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand the emails printed are not of good quality. 

If the issue is limited to printing emails, it could be an application-specific issue. Not an issue with the printer.

Use a different web browser, try printing different emails to check.

Try making a standalone copy from the flatbed glass and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I printed an email from Chrome instead of Safari but  still the same.

I made a stand-alone copy from the flatbed glass and copy is perfect.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@Mehoops1

Which email service are you using?

Have you tried printing any different emails?

As the printer is able to print other documents fine, it is not an issue with the printer but the app itself. Check the print settings on the app.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have printed other emails;  same thing, ghosting.  I fired up my old Windows XP and printed from that and same thing: ghosting.  You say to check the settings on the app.  Is "the app" the printer settings? If so, what do I look for?  I print from a desktop most of the time.  

HP Recommended

@Mehoops1

The app means the email service provider or the browser you are using to print. The print settings differ depending on the medium you are using to print.

If the issue persists, I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.