Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One Printer

Hi, when printing pictures on A4 80gsm white  paper (haven't tried photos) I'm getting vertical lines 1.4cm apart across the page. I have cleaned and aligned printhead twice. Can anyone help, please? thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Karen0307 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand you're experiencing an issue with your HP device, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I'm here to help you today.

Manually Cleaning the Printhead

If the software method doesn’t resolve the issue, try this manual cleaning process:

Turn on your printer and open the access door.

Wait for the cartridge carriage to center, then unplug the printer.
Carefully remove each ink cartridge.
Clean the cartridge contacts with a lint-free cloth.
Gently clean the printhead contacts inside the printer using a printer cleaning kit to dab any excess cleaning solution and absorb ink.
Allow components to dry for 10 minutes before reassembling.
Plug in the printer and run the initialization process.

Important: Be gentle when handling printheads and cartridges to avoid damage. Use only water or approved printhead cleaning solutions.

refer to you porinter user guide, click here

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

-Regards
Raj-HP Support

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Raj2111, I'll check this out. Many thanks for your response.

HP Recommended

Hi @Karen0307 

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck, and take care!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

-Regards
Raj-HP Support

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.