Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8500A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Basic problem - - I would like to change the e-mail address of the printer (ePrint).

To start I am to enter the claim code -  -  - them I am told printer has already been claimed.

Can I change the e-mail address without "claiming" the printer.

This is obviously NOT a serious problem, but I am fixing up a printer for my daughter

to take to Arizona in December.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Soapy1928

Welcome to the HP support community.

1. Sign in to HP Smart.

If you have not set up an HP account, go to Set Up an HP Smart Website Account.

2. Select your printer, if necessary.

3. Scroll down to the ePrint settings, and then click ePrint Address, if necessary.

4. Type the address you want use, and then click Submit.

Clicking Submit to change an HP ePrint email address

5. If the address is not available, type a different address, and then click Submit.

6. Inform any other users of the new HP ePrint email address.

Refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Soapy1928

Welcome to the HP support community.

1. Sign in to HP Smart.

If you have not set up an HP account, go to Set Up an HP Smart Website Account.

2. Select your printer, if necessary.

3. Scroll down to the ePrint settings, and then click ePrint Address, if necessary.

4. Type the address you want use, and then click Submit.

Clicking Submit to change an HP ePrint email address

5. If the address is not available, type a different address, and then click Submit.

6. Inform any other users of the new HP ePrint email address.

Refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have owned this printer since 2013, no I try to log on to eprintcenter.com and of course that is gone.

I can still send prints to my printer with the email address signed up in 2013, but I can not "claim" this printer under my account.

I logged in with my original email and password, but this printer does not show up.

I try to add it and it says it has already been claimed, YES I claimed in SEVEN years ago, but why can't I access it now.

I added a second printer to my account but can't find the original one I want so I can change settings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.