Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Just received a new HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 printer.  Did the quick set up, but noticed I could not open the 'cartridge access panel" or the whole top that is supposed to lift up easily to see the inside of the printer.  It feels locked and I don't want to force it and break something.  I did put in the inks through the front white door, that opens easily.  But, cannot open the whole top of the printer.  

I've looked at videos, did a reset (pulling plug out, waiting, and replugging it in), but it won't budge.  The printer is working, but something is wrong that this does not lift up easily.  I've called tech support, and just get the run a round. I've waited so long for this printer, I hate to return it and start over, if this is an easy fix.  I'm wondering if it ships locked, so it doesn't fly open.  But, what did I do wrong, that the top doesn't lift?  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

It doesn't ship locked, but please make sure the top Flatbed Cover is closed and you cannot see the Flatbed Glass area, opening the Flatbed Glass Area top door locks the Cartridge access door below it, you may see the illustration below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06200147

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thx for the reply, but I've tried it a million times.  Top closed and it is locked.  What now?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.