Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7525
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

After working on our Photosmart 7525 to clean the printhead rest/cleaning area I'm getting an 0x60110bed error. When I had something similar happen on a Photosmart C410a I was able to reset the error message via the Service Menu. But I cannot figure out how to enter the Service Menu on the Photosmart 7525.

I have already tried all the usual troubleshooting steps, in particular pulling the plug and holding the power button down.

The printhead from the 7525 works fine in our C410a, so that's not the issue.

How do I get the Photosmart 7525 to enter the Service Menu?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Thatscreenname

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printhead issue. 

Let's try these steps to reset the printer - 

1) Take out the cartridges. 
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall. 
3) Wait for 30 seconds.  
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector. 
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Try step# 2 from this document to clean the ink cartridges. 

Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Download and install the firmware from this link for Mac OS X 10.11.

If the issue still persists, I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, but I've already tried the steps you mentioned to reset the printer and clean the ink cartridges.

As to updating the firmware, that's a sore point. HP provided a firmware update for the Photosmart 7525 last year to address a vulnerability that could be accessed via receiving a fax. However, the firmware update program will not recognize my printer. HP was looking into a solution a year ago, but didn't follow through. HP now says it can do nothing, as support for the Photosmart 7525 has been discontinued. I consider this very unprofessional by HP.

Thank you for the private message. I will see if using the Service Menu will help. Using the Service menu helped me to get our Photosmart Premium C410a working again when it was giving a similar error.

I've also gotten a new printhead, and will try that shortly. However, the Photosmart 7525's old printhead is working perfectly in the C410a, so I assume the printhead was not the issue. And I did extensively clean the printhead contacts, reseat it and cartridges, etc. as part of my troubleshooting.

HP Recommended

Sure @Thatscreenname

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The new printhead seems to have solved the problem. I got one more odd error message, but that went away after shutting down and restarting the printer, without having to get into the Service Menu. I also had one older ink cartridge which apparently had a defective chip in it (the printer saw it as missing), but using a different cartridge fixed that.

Cannot understand why the printer had the error message, then it went away. As I said, the 7525's original printhead is working perfectly in the C410a, so the issue was not the printhead. Our C410a was not working correctly either until after sitting unplugged for a couple of weeks. Static electricity in the wrong place?

The printhead was supposed to be new OEM HP, but did not come in a sealed package. (It did not look used, so might have been from a bulk box.) Oddly, it had black ink in the magenta section. I printed about five "Print Quality Diagnostic" pages, then ran a cartridge cleaning cycle, all this after the printer did the 6 minute setup for a new printhead, and it finally started printing magenta correctly.

Now if I could just figure out why it makes an occasional grinding noise when the 7525's printhead is in the service/rest area I'd be fully back in business. I thought that the gadget which apparently blocks or unblocks drain hoses for the printhead rest pad was the issue, as I might have reinstalled it improperly when I cleaned the printhead service/rest area. Had to guess at proper installation, and may still have it wrong. Sure would be nice if HP let ordinary folk access service manuals - then I could probably figure out what's not quite in the right place.

I also suspect that the "bad" printhead from the C410a could be cleaned and made to work again, but would require a "factory reset" of a chip inside it, and I have no way to do that. (In my research, I ran across tools to reset HP printheads on Alibaba.com.)

I really hate throwing out something which works, but has a minor issue.

Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.